This issue is purposed to reiterate the DLC Management's decisions which were duly communicated at the second semester town hall meetings held on Friday, 3 and Saturday, 4 November, 2017 in Ibadan and Lagos respectively. You are hereby advised to take special note of the points below. This is for your own good: excuses would not be entertained for non-compliance.
1. The DLC Registration Portal would be closed on Friday, November 10, 2017.Please check the portal before this day to verify your registration status. Presenting paper evidences as proof of registration would not be tenable at examination venues if access is denied for CBT exams and/or names are not found on the attendance sheet for written exams. This implies that there would be no cause for learners to bring any form of paper into the examination halls.
2. 2016/17 second semester final examination time table has been broadcast. You are advised to check it up in due time for dates of examinations and venues. Note that learners who come to examination venues 30 minutes after commencement of examinations would not be allowed to write such examinations.
3. ID card distribution has commenced. DLC Learner Support Officers are fully on ground at the DLC CBT Centre and Lagos Office for concerted distribution. Get yours in the coming week in order to avoid apprehensions during examinations. However, arrangements have been made for distribution during examinations. Learners without 2016/2017 ID cards are not eligible to write examinations.
4. Eschew examination malpractices. The Centre has put new measures in place both in Lagos and Ibadan in order to cub this ugly trend. The Student Disciplinary Committee (SDC) has also been repositioned to prosecute culpable learners.
5. As a follow up to the presentation made by the Access Bank team at the town hall meeting in Ibadan, the bank would have an information stand during the examination period for learners who wish to leverage on the target savings and loan opportunities. This drive is towards helping learners have a seamless payment of their tuitions.
6. Ensure you pay good attention to your health before the examinations. Avoid undue exertion, eat well during the period and take due rest.
On behalf of the DLC Management, I wish you good success in the forthcoming examinations.
University of Ibadan
Distance Learning Centre